Marriage anniversaries are a time for celebration. Few people are even getting married these days, and not all of those who do are able to go the distance; if you've spent one, 10, or 50 years with your spouse, you both deserve a treat in honor of your love and dedication to each other. Though the traditional anniversary gifts are becoming less popular, they offer a fun and creative way to show your partner how much you care about them. Let's go through the most notable anniversary years and check out some inventive gift ideas.
- First Year: Paper is the traditional first-year anniversary gift, meaning you've got a lot of leeway and don't have to worry about breaking the bank. Practice your best origami heart or rose, write a heartfelt letter, or frame some photos of your favorite times together.
- Fifth Year: Fifth-year anniversaries are wood-based. Carve your name in a tree somewhere like teenagers, find a custom piece of jewelry made out of wood, or whittle a gift yourself.
- Tenth Year: Tin or aluminum embodies the tenth-year anniversary. This one is a little trickier, but there are plenty of rustic decorations and mementos made out of tin for such an occasion.
- Fifteenth Year: Crystal is the traditional symbol of a fifteenth wedding anniversary, and crystal plaques commemorating your wedding day are perfect when it comes to 15 year anniversary gifts. Our crystal plaques are hard and durable, so they're sure to be treasured for years to come. And you can personalize your plaque with custom engraving -- celebrate your love with a heartfelt quote, your wedding date, your names, etc.
- Twentieth Year: Wedding anniversary gifts celebrating 20 years together are focused on china. Dishes are the obvious choice, but you're free to get creative with the concept.
- Thirtieth Year: Pearls symbolize your thirtieth-year anniversary, and clearly point to jewelry. However, Mother of Pearl bowls or coasters also fit the bill.
- Fortieth Year: 40 years together is a major achievement, and thus the ruby is a logical gift. You'll have your pick of the litter when it comes to ruby-encrusted jewelry and items.
- Fiftieth Year: Understandably, gold is the traditional gift for a fiftieth wedding anniversary. It may seem out of place, but 50th anniversary plaques with gold inlays make a beautiful present. Of course, jewelry is always on the table!
Whether you're investing in a sweet and simple paper rose or a 50th anniversary plaque, your spouse will truly feel loved and appreciated thanks to these traditional wedding anniversary gift ideas.