1. We use primarily "deep-etch" process to engrave your crystal awards.
2. The process gives your crystal piece a personalized touch and classic look.
3. Consider adding the optional color fill to make your crystal stand out.
What's the difference between deep-etch, laser and 3D internal laser engraving?
1. Deep-etch engraving is the process of applying a stencil to a product and "coloring in" the stencil's image with sand that is applied at high pressure. The sand erodes the surface in the open areas of the stencil, leaving a permanent impression.
2. The laser surface engraving process uses lasers to engrave the crystal. The engraving depth is shallow and limited.
3. The 3D laser engraving process uses a computer guided laser to precisely engrave 3D images within the crystal. You won't be able to apply color fill afterward.
What is color fill?
1. Color fill is our unique hand painting technique applying acrylic paints meticulously to the engravings on your crystal.
2. Color fill adds a spark of color to your already impressive crystal.
3. It is a desirable process to make the inscriptions on your crystal stand out, enhance the overall appearance of your personalized crystal and draw attention to your key messages.
How much does color fill cost?
1. Color fill is an optional charge offered at $10 additional per plaque for up to three colors.
2. There will be extra charge if you plan to use more than 3 colors per plaque.
Why does color fill cost more?
1. Color fill cost more because it is a painstaking hand-painting process which requires personal attention and precision.
2. The paints need to be manually dipped to the engraved area.
3. The painting process will take an extra 30 minutes to 2-3 hours to complete depends on the layout complexity.
Does adding the color fill take longer to produce?
1. Yes, color fill will take an extra 30 minutes to 2-3 hours to complete.
2. We will manage the extra production time internally.
3. It won’t impact your expected in-hands delivery date.
Can you color match the PMS# of our logo?
1. No, we can't 100% match your PMS logo colors.
2. PMS matching is a computer color coding process used for printing with unlimited color choices.
3. Crystal coloring is a manual painting process with limited color choice offered by Acrylic Paints.
Will color fill fade or peel over time?
1. The color fill will not fade or peel under normal circumstance.